Women Empowerment & Child protection
Human Development Center Somalia involves the local community in peacebuilding, conflict mitigation, early warning responses, peace forums, reconciliation, intra and inter community dialogue, healing and justice. The main aim is promote the knowledge skills and attitudes that will help people either to prevent the occurrence of conflict, resolve conflicts peacefully, or create social conditions conducive to peace.to reduce pressures generated by resource-based and Political and inter clan based conflicts in Somalia.
- The aim of the project is to rebuild the protective environment for Somalia’s most vulnerable children and women – both by helping to improve general capacity and legal protection, and by providing safe havens for those most at risk of abuse and exploitation.
- The project aims at strengthening women’s representation and participation in public decision-making processes rendering them more inclusive; engaging community structures to transform negative traditions which limit women’s and girls’ right
- Work to prevent and respond to GBV and provides survivors of GBV with social and psychological counseling, legal assistance, case management and advocates in increasing women’s legal protection.
- Promotes women’s economic empowerment through enhancing their entrepreneurial skills.
- Increasing access to skills and financial/non-financial business development services to improve income-generating capacity, productivity and competitiveness
- Increased participation and representation of women in politics, peace building and decision making
- Addressing challenges of limited capacity and insecurity all of which adversely affect women’s ability to voice out their concerns
- Improve girls education to empower women
- Advising communities on child protection and safe working practice
- Raising awareness in keeping children safe
- Advocating the rights of children by influencing changes in policies and legislation to make Somalia a safer place for children
- Encourage and inspire adult to protect children
- Forward their agenda, negotiate their interests, claim their rightful space in society and enhance their access to resources and opportunities.
- Provide skills development of women and girls through vocational trainings
- Influencing a change in society’s attitudes toward child abuse and Engaging communities to make the wellbeing of children a priority
- Providing knowledge, skills and confidence to those who are in a position to act to protect children