Climate Change & Environmental Protection
The groups identified droughts, floods, extreme high temperatures and strong winds to be the major climate related hazards that they experience. A sectoral approach was taken to understand the vulnerabilities to drought and flood within each sector, while also focusing on the particular impacts to vulnerable groups.
- Providing a strong focus on empowering youth to take an active role in the solutions to environmental challenges.
- Educate communities about climate change and raise awareness and understanding of climate change
- Empowering communities to observe how weather and climate affect their environment.
- Plans to reduce vulnerability to, and increase benefits from, the impacts of climate change
- To work co-operatively across organizational, regional and sectoral boundaries to deliver robust adaptation
- To invest in additional water resources to cope with dry period
- Educate community Information relating to flood risk – land use trade-offs e.g. planning guidance