Mission, Vision,Values and Principles
We visualize healthy, strong, and resilient children, youth, and adults of all ages living in safe and successful communities a country where all enjoy gender equality, empowerment and development.
HDC exists to improved and sustaining livelihood of the most vulnerable members of the community, specifically women, needy children and poor households to create opportunities build their capacity, knowledge and ability to take control of their lives and to realize their full potentials
Core Values and Principles
- Values we are committed to living out our core values through our staff and with our partners in relationships with all those with whom we interact.
- Sustainability we are committed to empowering staff and partners and to seeing that the work that we support has a lasting impact, being built on acceptance and local ownership.
- Gender we are committed to seeing transformation through restored relationships between men, women, boys and girls and ensuring equal value, participation and decision making by all.
- Fairness and equity
- People-centered development
- Honesty, transparency and accountability to stakeholders.
- Communication and collaboration.
- Solidarity with the poor
- Community managed sustainable and impact-oriented development
HDC organizational strength lies within the skills, knowledge and experiences of its member organizations.
- Sound-vibrant and dynamic BOD and managing team.
- Dedicated experienced members and volunteers.
- Two Fully-equipped office in Mogadishu and Nairobi
- Good relations and cooperation with the government, private and non-profit institutions.
- Support of well-wishers like renowned lecturers, doctors, teachers and professionals, etc.
Governance & Management Instruments
HDC is having separate policies on the following issues:
- Human Resource [HR Policy]
- Board Governance Policy
- Volunteers Management Policy
- Financial [ Financial Management Policy and Accounting System Guideline]
- Gender [Gender Policy]
- General Office Procedures
- Program implementation policy and procedures manual